Group Home Insurance? HOW, WHERE AND WHY!

19 Aug 2013 by ">Admin

Do I need group home insurance for my group home or special needs care home?

One of the first things a business thinks about after starting are their insurance requirements. Insurance can be a tricky subject. Some businesses need it, others don’t need it. Some are required to have it while others are not required to have it.

Running a group home, sober home, special needs disability home, transitional living home or other type of care home is a business that can be extremely profitable – both for your bank account as well as your mental and emotional bank account. You can create a true “community asset” that helps out those in need throughout the community, while also providing an amazing lifestyle for you and your family. However, while you are enjoying all of your newfound passive income that you have created by providing housing and related services for those in need, remember that things can happen. Perhaps you decided to purchase the property where your group home operates. If that is the case, you may want to look into obtaining property and casualty insurance. Unless you acquired your property all-cash, chances are that your bank will require that you have insurance.

In other cases, you may obtain a government contract for foster homes, group homes, or a specific niche of transitional living homes in your area. If this is the case, and you have started a group home which has now taken you to the “big leagues” of government contracts, you can be rest-assured that these entities will require you to have insurance. What type of insurance? Typically, these government contracts require the following:

General Liability Group Home Insurance

Liability:                                                                             $1,000,000 limit

General Aggregate                                                             $2,000,000 limit

Products and Completed Operations                            $2,000,000 limit

Personal Advertising Injury                                            $1,000,000 limit

Damages to Premises Rented To You                            $100,000 limit

Medical Expense                                                                $5,000



Abuse and Molestation

Each Occurrence                                                                $1,000,000

General Aggregate                                                             $2,000,000


Professional Liability                                                      

Each Occurrence                                                                $1,000,000

General Aggregate                                                             $2,000,000


Workers Comp

Each Occurrence                                                                $1,000,000

General Aggregate                                                             $2,000,000


If you are not going after government contracts, or at least they aren’t currently on your radar, you may potentially skip this step and simply get general insurance. Possibly a less rich policy, such as a simple General Liability policy for your group home or care home business. If you are simply operating sober homes or transitional living homes for people that have lower incomes than most, you can obtain these policies at minimal expense.

Of course, you need to know where to look! That is what is here for. No where else can you find this much information at your fingertips! In fact, many of our thousands of subscribers didn’t even realize that could make an amazing passive income with just a few simple group homes before finding our website. Just the information above is worth tens of thousands of dollars. Why? Because how else would you ever know how much insurance is required to procure a government contract?

What is Next?

In future articles, we will talk specifically about how else to locate and procure government contracts that can literally set you up for life. One simple contract and technique could put a guaranteed $3,000 – $6,000 or more (PER GROUP HOME) in your pocket each and every month. Think about it……You would need to have over $1,000,000 (one million dollars!) just to generate $3,000 per month in passive income —IF YOU ARE LUCKY! Yet, one group home can literally set you up for life. And the reason why insurance is important?

This income stream is protected! What if the building where your group home is burns down? That is what insurance is for. What about the rents you will miss out on? That is what “Loss of rents” protection insurance is for. We hope today’s article was insightful and beneficial for you. Remember, the more you learn, the more you earn. Sign up today for our free course today and learn much more than just group home insurance.


If you are looking for additional information on how to start get group home insurance, or start halfway home, transitional living home, sober home, foster home, ICF/MR home, DADS Home or other type of care home for people with disabilities; check out our free course on starting your very own income-generating group home by entering your email below.

Get Started Now


If you think this was helpful wait until you see our membership site!



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *