Yet Another Reason For Being In The Group Home and Care Home Business
Today, we are going to simply review some statistics about the United States as well as some additional important points on how to start a residential group home and how to keep your business running profitably.
- From 1948 to 2000, US GDP grew at 2.8%. Since then, we are growing at 1%. Yes, 1% growth.
- Had we grown at 2.8% rather than the 1%, the avg GDP per capita would be $12,500 more than it currently is. TRANSLATION = You would be making an additional $12,500 PER YEAR!
- In 1971, 61% of households were considered middle class. Today the number is 50%.
- Median household income is 2.5% LESS than it was in 1999. Yes, 2.5% LESS.
- Our nation’s healthcare costs are twice as much as most other developed countries.
- Felony convictions have led to 20 Million Americans having a criminal record.
- Labor Force Participation has gone from 66% to 63% over the last 7 years!
- The Labor Participation rate of working age men, 25 – 54 years of age has gone from 96% to 88%.
AND FINALLY, THE GRAND FINALE AND REASON FOR WHY YOU NEED TO START A GROUP HOME FOR THIS DEMOGRAPHIC – WHETHER IT BE THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED OR ANOTHER KEY NICHE…..
- 57% of these non-working male mentioned above are on disability! YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT. 57%
We at Group Home Riches are not here to tell you whether the above is “right” or “wrong” in the moral sense. In our opinion (or my opinion since I am writing this) the above statistics literally make me sick to my stomach. Moreover, you are telling me that in the United States of America, the RICHEST country in the history of the world, that only 88% of working age men are actively working and of those, 57% are on disability? You have got to be kidding me! But these are facts and this is the truth.
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Look, everyone has their own reasons for why they want to start a group home, care home or assisted living. In fact, some people call us up and say, “Andy, how do I start a group home for the mentally challenged? I want to help out this population” Others call or email us and ask us to coach them on how to start a group home because they see all these veterans on the street with no place to live. Almost all of our clients are calling us, emailing us or purchasing our courses because they notice the FACTS and the TRUTH which I have bullet-pointed above……But most of them don’t know the facts. In addition, they only notice them and feel them.
So, If you want to make a difference, the first thing you need to do is commit. To illustrate, remember the saying regarding the difference between ham and eggs. The chicken is INVOLVED, the pig is COMMITTED. Therefore, you have got to be committed! Meanwhile, one of the easiest and best ways to get committed is by acknowledging the truth. For this reason, don’t just go by gut feel, go by actual statistics. In the same way, today I have given you ACTUAL STATISTICS that just may cause you to move forward on your journey to starting a group home, residential group home or a group home for the mentally challenged.
The statistics above are REAL and trust me…..they are not going away anytime soon. The demographics of the population that we serve is growing on a daily basis. AND THESE PEOPLE NEED A PLACE TO LIVE! WHY NOT GIVE THE MARKET WHAT IT WANTS AND WHAT IT NEEDS?…..In doing so, you can and will make a difference.
If you are looking for additional information on how to start a group home, halfway home, transitional living home, sober home, foster home, ICF/MR home, DADS Home or other type of care home for people with disabilities; check out our free course on starting your very own income-generating group home by clicking here or going to www.grouphomeriches.com and clicking on the free wealth building course.