How to Start a group home in YOUR state….
Are you looking to learn how to start a group in your state?
Are you from any of the following states:
ANY OTHER STATE?
Group homes, sober homes, transitional living homes, residential care facilities and other types of specialty care homes are needed no matter where you are located. There is a HUGE demand for this type of housing, and a substantial undersupply of this type of housing! Keep reading to find out how you can help and #2, how you can help yourself……
The process, albeit a simplified process of starting and operating a group home, is really quite simple. Here are the ten steps to starting, marketing and managing your group home:
- Rent or purchase a property (house or building)
- Outfit each room with furniture, linens, etc
- Obtain a couch and television for the main living area
- Put together a marketing brochure
- Start emailing, faxing and passing out flyers at doctors offices, hospitals, MH/MR facilities, foster homes, correctional facilities, governmental agencies, Probation offices or wherever your “ideal client” would be found
- Meet and present with social workers, case managers and others that need to refer their clients to a group home
- Sit back and wait for the calls to flood your phone
- Assist the client in moving into the home
- Collect the rent and the deposit for the first month
- Continue collecting rent and overseeing the group home!
These ten steps are put on paper for you to read. Doing it is another story. However, what you will find is that doing this is really quite easy and will not cost you an arm and a leg to do. In fact, you can potentially secure a nice four bedroom home with a $300 deposit. After that, take a look at the local auction houses around your town (we provide some free resources in our free wealth generating group home course on where to buy $2,500 furniture for $10) and outfit the home for less than a few hundred bucks. This is not a joke! For $500, you are ready to go (although it may take you some time to find everything you need).
So what else do I need to do to start my group home?
The above ten steps outline everything you need to do to get started. However, the most important thing for you to do is get your property secured (you either rent it or purchase it) and then get your marketing material out to the appropriate parties. You must, I repeat, MUST, market your group homes, care homes and assisted living or transitional living facilities to generate the phone calls! Let me tell you, there are hundreds of people each day in your city that needs a place to live and the government is willing to pay you each and every month to provide housing for them! Interested in learning more? Sign up for the free course on how to start your wealth-generating group home
If you are looking for additional information on how to start a group home, halfway home, transitional living home, sober home, foster home, ICF/MR home, DADS Home or other type of care home for people with disabilities; check out our free course on starting your very own income-generating group home by entering your email below.
If you think this was helpful… check out our membership site!
2 responses to “How to Start a group home in YOUR state….”
FAMILY FORTUNES. 1 GROUP HOMES = $1 MILLION21 February, 2018
How Much Can I Make With Group Homes? Hint: Try $70 Million20 February, 2018
The New Tax Code and The Impact On Your Group Home17 February, 2018